Today, I am going to guide you how to prepare bank exam at home without coaching. If you prepare with a right approach and strategy you can clear the exam easily without any coaching.
A big number of students appear for various bank exams (both bank clerk exam and bank PO exam) because banking jobs are one of the most prestigious and lucrative jobs in our country. Only a handful of students are completed the exam. These all students are not taking coaching classes regularly. Of course some of student taking tuition and coaching classes but not all student.
You must have to give your preparation a proper direction to clear the bank exam in first attempt even without any tuition and coaching classes.
Prepare Bank Exam to compete in first attempt
For cracking the bank exam in first attempt without coaching, first of all you must have to understand the patter of the exam. Now a days almost every bank exam are conducted in three phases, first Preliminary phase then Main phase and last phase is face to face Interview.
Pattern of Preliminary phase is almost similar for all bank exam. These are mentioned in this table.
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||1 hour (60 minutes)|
Pattern of Mains phase exam varies from one exam to another. Most of the times in variation in timing and number of questions.
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness (including current, static and banking awareness)
- Computer Knowledge
You must have to see the exam pattern in the official notifications of that particular banking competition exam. Once you are understand the bank exam pattern, see the syllabus of bank exams. Three are minor differences between the syllabus of prelims and main exam of banking. However one must know it clearly.
Self-Assessments of baking exam preparation
After understanding the bank exam patter and syllabus, you must analyse yourself. Actually, now you know about the syllabus of the exam so you can assess yourself. You can know that in which subject you are week and where you are strong.
There are some essential steps are mentioned here which will be helpful for you to make a good strategy for you bank preparation.
- Set a proper goal with proper time frame to prepare your weaker subject.
- You will have 3 to 4 months after vacancy for preparation of bank exam after notification. You must have proper plan of preparation for this period.
- Never leave the thing for tomorrow in this period. Procrastination is a big mistake. This will definitely ruin your chance of selection.
- Study all the basic concepts of related topics first.
- However, do not read only theory of subject. After completion of theoretical reading, solve the question of each subject.
- Do not start mock test without proper study of each related subject of syllabus. You will lose your confidence.
- After preparation of basic thing of subject start the mock tests of bank exam.
Here are the list of some best books / guide for bank exam preparation:
- The New SBI Bank PO Guide to Preliminary Exam with 2015 Solved Paper with FREE GK 2017 ebook, 2nd ed. (Hindi)
- The New SBI Bank PO Guide to Preliminary Exam
- The New SBI Bank PO Guide to Preliminary Exam with 2015 Solved Paper with FREE GK 2017 ebook, 2nd ed.
- Mock Test Papers for SBI Clerk Prarambhik Pareeksha
- Ultimate Guide for SBI Bank Clerk Preliminary & Main Exam, 3th ed. (Hindi)
- Banking evam Vitt (For Banking, Insurance and other Institutionals Exams)
- Ultimate Guide for SBI & Associates Bank Clerk Prelim & Main Exam with FREE GK 2016 ebook, 5th ed.
- Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/ SBI Bank PO/ Clerk Preliminary & Mains (2010-16) Reasoning
- Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/ SBI Bank PO/ Clerk Preliminary & Mains (2010-16) Quantitative Aptitude
- The New SBI Bank PO Guide to Preliminary Exam with 2015 & 2016 Solved Paper, 3rd ed.